Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ring of Fire - what's next?

Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor
    Disable These Ads!
    It was was a 6.9 on the richter scale now they say and still having aftershocks in Japan.

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member Becks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor Witness View Post
    I have found some evidence for the appearance of super nova and major earthquakes in history and I'm still researching this. Why are you assuming conspiracy? I never said anything about a "conspiracy." There are also dark events like the [magnetar quake in late 2004,] believed responsible for the most energetic gamma waves to strike our planet, since we've been keeping records, and which occurred with a day of the great earthquake and tsunami. To ignore the fabric of space is foolish. As foolish as assuming that the bathtub which the earth floats in, never rocks and rolls.
    Raptor, sorry it took me so long to reply, this thread got lost and I wasn't around much.

I hope you've done some research which has showed you that gamma rays do not cause earthquakes. I have no doubt that gravitational waves which often accompany gamma rays in space can sometimes trigger earthquakes, but gamma rays have not been proven to cause any disturbance on earth except to distort the atmosphere. To say that the gamma rays cause the 2004 earthquake which triggered the tsunami is a little unsupportive as the rays arrived at Earth almost 45 hours AFTER the earthquake hit.

Lots of people assume that there are conspiracies of gov'ts using gamma rays to trigger earthquakes; I didn't accuse you of shouting conspiracy, I was simply saying because you were attempting to research that there are no conspiracies in order to keep you from believing that when you read about them.

While I do believe that gravitational waves are possibly partly responsible for triggering some earthquakes, I don't believe they cause them. There has to be a possibility of an earthquake to exist in the first place, like a tectonic environment under stress. I have seen nothing to say that said gravitational waves cause earthquakes on the tectonically dormant moon.

Interesting how [these three quakes] today have all come so close together.
    Not really interesting. Those areas are very active and if you go back and look at those region's activity for the last month you'll see that there's been a steady build-up. Probably not related and geologically not of any relevance. Large earthquakes on different sides of the world and different tectonic plates have occurred so close together before.

If you'd like to research something of interest in terms of geology, look up earthquake storms. The Turkish region is particularly 'interesting'.

Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor
    Goto this link and see what would happen if a superflare was to shred the ozone layer today in its current state.By by computers and no more armageddon online aw shucks!
    http://space.newscientist.com/articl...ths-ozone.html

[CNN - People missing after tsunami] - April 2, 2007

[USGS Earthquake Center - Solomon Islands]

Although I'm still pondering the possible meaning of this quake, I have no doubt that this large disturbance at this location is a warning to someone about something, and for them to get ready for a much bigger shock. I wish I could explain more now, but this one will take some deep thought. To the vermin who see in the dark but who have no light, and you know who you are, God's signature is all over this.

There are those who pay close attention to the name's of places, which natural disasters strike, especially on key dates. I wonder, what might the Creator be telling us, by sending a great earthquake to the Solomon Islands on the second day of April, in the year of the seven spirits of the Most High?

[Solomon] was the king of ancient Judea who rebuilt the Temple in Jerusalem, and he was said to be incredibly wise.

Last edited by Raptor Witness; Apr 12th, 2007 at 10:41 PM.
    "In the last days perilous times will come, for men shall have a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof." 2 Tim 3

Last edited by Raptor Witness; Apr 2nd, 2007 at 10:20 AM.
    "In the last days perilous times will come, for men shall have a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof." 2 Tim 3

One left in the chamber Global Moderator TC's Avatar
    64th latitude north....Where global warming is a plus
    Raptor I wonder if this activity is similar to Yellowstone, in that the small swarms of quakes are possibly related to geothermal pockets. If you have the time, run down some info to the magma depth and ground water levels, there could be a correlation with the seismic activity.

Quote Originally Posted by shortround View Post
    Raptor I wonder if this activity is similar to Yellowstone, in that the small swarms of quakes are possibly related to geothermal pockets. If you have the time, run down some info to the magma depth and ground water levels, there could be a correlation with the seismic activity.
    It's very similar. If you travel to this area, you'll learn a lot about its unique geology. The only difference is subduction vs. a buried hot spot.

Yeah I was up there like 30 years ago, (I think we talked about this one before) The unique part is its right where the subduction zone ends, and the slip fault takes over in its workings further south. In fact its the closest area of subduction to the pacific ocean, science is still wondering how this affects the melt point. The whole stretch between Geyserville, Cloverdale and Healdsburg are in the split zone, probably where the subduction process actually ends.

Quote Originally Posted by shortround View Post
    Yeah I was up there like 30 years ago, (I think we talked about this one before) The unique part is its right where the subduction zone ends, and the slip fault takes over in its workings further south. In fact its the closest area of subduction to the pacific ocean, science is still wondering how this affects the melt point. The whole stretch between Geyserville, Cloverdale and Healdsburg are in the split zone, probably where the subduction process actually ends.
    Yes, it's a truly fascinating area when you consider the hard left turn the San Adreas fault takes immediately west of there.

If there is a magma chamber underneath Cloverdale, and it appears that there is, then a great quake in this vicinity would be like shaking a can of soda and then opening it, the lava could flow out onto the surface of the land, as it has done in the not too distant past.

Check out the isostatic gravity maps for that area ( USGS report in 2006) you have the collision of two distinctly different materials, in this case the southern reaches of thick tertiary volcanic representing the tail end of subduction, and the northern end of dense basement rock representing the end of the strike-slip faulting of the San Andreas. Most of this area is rather defused in its functions, one process giving way to another process.

Your good at digging up stuff,( much better than me anyway) see if you can find any current geologic reports of that area ( stay away from the USGS hydrology reports, its boring as hell) dealing with theoretic future volcanism.

An interesting read ...

[Tiny tremors from slow quakes may signal mega-shakes, study shows"]

"Tiny tremors and temblors recently discovered in fault zones from California to Japan are generated by slow-moving earthquakes that may foreshadow catastrophic seismic events, according to scientists at Stanford University and the University of Tokyo.

In a study published in the March 15 issue of the journal Nature, the research team focused on weak seismic signals known as "non-volcanic tremor" and "low-frequency earthquakes," which seismologists say may be useful in forecasting the likelihood of potentially destructive mega-quakes of magnitude 8 or higher.

"Non-volcanic tremor is a weak shaking of the Earth that was discovered about five years ago in Japan," said Gregory C. Beroza, professor of geophysics at Stanford and co-author of the Nature study. "It's often accompanied by low-frequency earthquakes [LFEs]—small temblors of magnitude 1 or 2. Some people believe that LFEs and tremor are separate phenomena, but what we've shown in this paper is that they are actually the same thing. Tremor is simply a swarm of low-frequency earthquakes, but rather than happening quickly and impulsively like ordinary earthquakes, tremor shakes the Earth for hours, days or even weeks at a time."

Uh Oh?

Funny you should bring this up at this time.

There are a lot of predictions that San Fransisco is to be the next ground zero after the order of New Orleans and that it will be a result of earthquake that is just around the corner.
    Blessings in the name of my Lord Jesus Christ who came in the flesh and now sits at the right hand of our God on high.

A confession of faith that the modern Evangelical movement can no longer make!

Italy is not in the line of firer, from what see on the map, but Etna volcano erupted again, for more than 1 time in april. krakatoa
    At all time, there is treath of danger and chaos, it can be natural or man made, I aware of this...are you?[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by krakatoa View Post
    Italy is not in the line of firer, from what see on the map, but Etna volcano erupted again, for more than 1 time in april. krakatoa
    Well its in a plate boundary between the African continent and the European, similar to the Pacific ring of fire.

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member
    Ok guys, what makes you think there is a magma chamber below Cloverdale? Just curious. Used to live in Fresno, myself.
    Love your country; question your government.

Well its where the San Andreas strike slip fault system ends, and the Cascadia subduction zone begins.( the same system that creates the St. Helens volcano) The Clear Lake field is an early Holocene complex that has a large silicic magma chamber that is the heat source for the Geysers in the area.

The whole area is one big geothermal field, ( one of the biggest in the world) technically its a transform fault system where several plate sections come into play off the coast of California, Oregon, and Washington.

What happens is the San Andreas stops working as a slip fault, and the North American plate becomes a subduction system along with the Juan de Fuca and Pacific, ( one plate overriding another) and melts off below which creates volcanoes at the boundary line.

[Humpback whales spend day in Sacramento River] - May 14, 2007

By Matt Weiser -
    Published 1:18 pm PDT Monday, May 14, 2007

RIO VISTA - A pair of humpbacks - identified as a mother and a calf - spent Monday between Rio Vista and a stretch of Cache Slough in the Sacramento - San Joaquin Delta.

Late Monday, a crew from Alaska Whale Foundation tracking the whales said the mother was entangled in some kind of rope or fishing gear.

"It's some kind of wrap over her head. It looks like a crab pot line," Kathi Koontz, a volunteer research associate, said by cell phone from the foundation's boat Monday evening. "We're trying to monitor her and see how much of the wrap is there and where it's located."

The foundation is based in British Columbia and has an office in Benicia. With help from Solano and Sacramento County sheriff's boats, the group was attempting to coax the whales downstream to deeper water.

The foundation asked the National Marine Fisheries Service Monday for permission to intervene to help the whales and was waiting for a response.

Koontz said the adult whale is about 45 feet long and her calf, likely born this winter, is about 17 feet long.

The whales were first spotted Sunday. By Monday, word spread as fast as cell phones and text messaging could carry it, spawning a sightseeing frenzy as the whales cavorted in Cache Slough, upstream from Rio Vista.

Hundreds of people lined the levees throughout the day Monday on both sides of the slough, near the Ryer Island Ferry crossing, as the whales swam back and forth across the ferry's path as if on parade.

Aside from the entanglement, the whales' appearance was also tinged with mystery. U.S. Coast Guard officers, based in Rio Vista, say they personally confirmed seeing four whales on Sunday. By Monday, they could confirm only two.

That, officials said, may mean there are two more whales out somewhere else in the Delta.

The Coast Guard and Solano County Sheriff's patrol boats maintained a 100-yard perimeter around the whales to protect them from boat traffic. A 1,000-foot flight ceiling also was in effect to protect the whales from disturbance by aircraft.

The region hasn't seen anything like this since 1985, when "Humphrey" the humpback whale dazzled Rio Vista and the world with a long visit before being helped back to sea. Then he returned to San Francisco Bay five years later, beached himself, and was eventually dragged back into the bay.

Humpbacks are an endangered species under U.S. law and are also guarded by the Marine Mammal Protection Act.

View an interactive map of the whales' journey.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Keep in mind, it was in large part because of Humphrey back in October of 1985, that I was first moved to publish a letter to the editor of my local paper, in which I stated ..."Of this generation it will be written, that they cried save the whales, while they were exterminating their own, unborn species."

The appearance of these two whales, a Mother and calf in the Sacramento river, is in the vicinity of the area I told you would suffer the next catastrophic earthquake. The prophecy below, is being fulfilled even as I type this post. Within a year of the first sighting of these two whales, this area of California will suffer a great earthquake, not seen in a hundred years.
    Be prepared, all those with ears to hear and eyes to see. I have told you ahead of time what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor Witness View Post
    - [Post #50 - March 25th, 2007, 10:42 PM]

What happened to the [Chandler Wobble] after the magnetar gamma burst and great Tsunami, which coincided with one another in late 2004; proves in my mind that what happens in heaven, affects [things on the earth.] I was doing research into the correlation of super nova and great earthquakes, long before this curious conjunction, simply because I believe what God said through His prophets.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A beautiful woman stands high on a cliff by the shore of the sea. The setting sun is in her face and she is smiling. She is looking for her husband who is out to sea, and she is dressed in fine robes. As I beheld her lovely face, her smile turns to worry, as there came a sound from the beach far below of an enormous crowd cheering. The volume increased until it became deafening, and the woman fell to the ground, where she hid until the noise subsided.

Remember the sound I have described to you, because you will hear it exactly as I have given it, at the exact time of day I have described. The louder the cheering chorus, the greater the damage, heartache, and suffering will be. [Watch video of cheering crowd ... whale watching]

Have mercy on the poor, the weak, and the lame, but have none on the affluent.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Last edited by Raptor Witness; May 24th, 2007 at 12:00 AM.

I have told you ahead of time ... Be especially watchful between January 1, 2008 and May 13, 2008.

Given the location and timing, these are interesting little swarms, don't ya think?

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member plastik's Avatar
    Just to point out, it would help everyone and save much confusion if you typed just a single line caption for each image you post Raptor. Some images are self explanatory, but others aren't. Maybe just some info putting the pieces together would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by plastik View Post
    Just to point out, it would help everyone and save much confusion if you typed just a single line caption for each image you post Raptor. Some images are self explanatory, but others aren't. Maybe just some info putting the pieces together would be nice.
    It would appear as if magma is on the move in two key spots underneath the plumb line of desolation, at the exact moment we are in orbit above the clouds.

Interesting and cool new annular map.

Radioactive Serious Member
    Yay for us Oregonians! Haha. I'm more frightened by the idea of Yellowstone than the big earthquakes. I guess not even frightened, more like excited.

Radioactive Serious Member
    i found this on the net thought it was inhttp://www.livescience.com/environment/070622_molten_rock.htmlteresting

Thread Information