Thread: Comment section for articles absolutely needed!

Dead Meat

Comment section for articles absolutely needed!

Disable These Ads!
    The articles posted on this site do not have a place for reader comments. You really need to add a comment section for each article! I just read a goose dung article about "global warming" and went looking for a place to add my professional comment and there wasn't one. The way it stands now, the moderators place the articles and that is the end. No ability for readers to make comments. Looks exactly like the national TV news, and that is pathetic.
    Last edited by Nu Kua; May 4th, 2012 at 10:01 AM.

One left in the chamber Global Moderator TC's Avatar
    64th latitude north....Where global warming is a plus
    Hi Bob. What forum section did you read the article in? was it in the forum or the home page?

Karma caster Contributor
    I agree. Thats why on occasion , when I see an article I really like I double post it somewhere else so that we can talk about it....

And before the update I remember the article section have comment links...then the update happened and the articles became locked threads...

Ability to comment on those articles would get more discussion raised about those articles.... more views and hits and such.... just saying.
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

This has been addressed before. If you like, you start a thread about an article MM posted on the front in the appropriate section of the forum, and add your "professional comments" to your OP. I mean, he has a link to the original source for each of them- why can't we simply discuss those stories like we do other stuff we find on the web? Easy as pie.

Anyway, I had closed this thread but realized maybe that wasn't needed- so opening it back up if you guys want to discuss it more, even though I don't get what the trouble is.
    Last edited by Nu Kua; May 4th, 2012 at 10:00 AM.
    "The Alice-in-Wonderland nature of this pronouncement is not lost on me..."

Okay, I'm gonna post an example in just a few minutes of how easy it is for us to have a discussion about something MM puts on the front page. The story is the one about the volcano in Mexico, and I'm putting it in... oh, Armageddon and Disasters. Most of the stories he posts there are along those lines, or end times scenarios, that sort of thing. I wager that most, then, would fit in the Armageddon section of the board, though lots of times, Science is a good fit, too.

You decide. :)

Okay, here ya go.

DIE! By my hand! Administrator MetalMilitia's Avatar
    When I had the stories posted to the announcement sections, that was a test to see what copied over. It only copies over a little bit, and the joomla/vbulletin bridge is not at all what I was looking for.

I could setup a section to paste them to, but it literally only has options to be like an RSS feed. It copies the title, and part of the first paragraph...

I could enable commenting and full posting privs...

Thoughts?
    Email : webmaster (-at-) armageddononline (-dot-) org or click here.

Well, how about just pasting them here? As you add them to the page, you could just paste the same thing here. In the appropriate forum and all, like in the example above. Then folks can comment on it.

If you don't want it to get buried, or want to make it easy to find, you could make a section that says "Front Page News" (or whatever) and maybe, to keep it neat, only you could post new threads, but allow open comment. And maybe by the stories on the front page,. you could have a link to the "Front Page News" section here on the forums, and invite readers to come in and comment.

Karma caster Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
    When I had the stories posted to the announcement sections, that was a test to see what copied over. It only copies over a little bit, and the joomla/vbulletin bridge is not at all what I was looking for.

I could setup a section to paste them to, but it literally only has options to be like an RSS feed. It copies the title, and part of the first paragraph...

I could enable commenting and full posting privs...

Thoughts?
    Yes please... I tried to link a few articles you posted...others have do so as well... because the topic might be so awesome talking about it must happen .....even when one knows not what to say...

The one bristle of the brush is not stronger than than the hair brush itseld..
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

DIE! By my hand! Administrator MetalMilitia's Avatar
    Give it a whirl, but I still don't like how it just copies over a little paragraph.

Oh well, gets your lazy butts to the main part of the site.
    Email : webmaster (-at-) armageddononline (-dot-) org or click here.

Karma caster Contributor
    DOne and done Awesome... I been holding that page for days now meaning to do something with it but not getting around to it... THanks!

Thread Information